Sunday, June 14, 2009

Chef's Corner




I had a great admiration of gifted people who can cook without relying for a recipes. Every time my mom asked me to cook something for meal,it always turned out as crap-even my dogs hate it. It’s either bland to taste or too much sodium in it.Sad to admit but I never perfected my cooking skills, according to one saying “Practice makes you perfect” but why do I need to practice if nobody’s perfect? huh! weird answer, maybe that’s why I don’t have the virtue of being patient because I don’t believe in the power of perfection. Maybe I have to practice on simple menu or foods that are easy to prepare,like frying eggs or toasting bread. Duhhhh!!! I wish it was that easy but to make it simple for me, I had a chance for a one-on-one talk to a very low-profile Chef this morning, I told him if its possible that he can share to me his “secret recipe” I was so lucky because at that time it was his dinner, he made a very delicious meal I forgot the name of that recipe but I named it “T-Bone Express”
So why I call this Express? because he never give a one on one tutorial on how to make it, he only wanted to show -off that he had a very nice dinner last night,the fact that is secret , maybe that’s one reason why he didn’t teach me the steps how to prepare it. T-bone steak with mushrooms and deep fried potatoes. Why it was called T-Bone? if you ask me why, I only had wild guess on my mind, leave it to the expert. I haven’t tried it but I am not loosing hope that someday,I can try this luscious albeit easy to prepare meal that will satisfy hunger.

1 comments:

MAE said...

hello Collegegirl thank you so much for acknowledging my post......